Day 2 of Thai cave rescue operation

Love To Mum Dad...: From Boys Trapped In Thai Cave Letters Of Hope

Thailand Navy SEALs Confirm Multiple Boys of Youth Soccer Team Rescued from Cave

A total of eight boys have now been taken out of the Tham Luang Nang Non cave, according to the Thai navy SEAL group, which has a leading role in the rescue operation. "We can't visit our boys in hospital because they need to be monitored for 48 hours", Somboon told Reuters. Narongsak Osottanakorn, head of the rescue mission, told reporters that the first boys - who have spent 15 nights trapped some 4 km inside the flooded cave - could emerge around 9pm local time (7:30pm IST).

The boys have been trapped since June 23 and yesterday divers entered the cave to begin rescue operations, successfully freeing four of the boys. The 12 boys and their coach were trapped in the cave for two weeks.

In total, the mission could last several days, he also said, though the team of worldwide divers on the site are apparently feeling "buoyed" by the success of the operation so far.

"They are all of our students, all of our friends, all of our children", she said.

Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda had said early Monday that the same group of expert divers who took part in Sunday's rescue would return to extricate the others because they know the cave conditions and what to do.

Another Former Wrestler Says Jordan Knew of Abuse
Jordan, as well as other individuals with potential knowledge relating to the allegations", Trafford said. Jordan, an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1986 to 1994, must have known about the abuse.

Still, the original four were undergoing medical checks in a hospital in the provincial capital and were not yet allowed close contact with relatives due to fear of infections.

Just a few kilometres from the lush forest that covers the mountainside of the Tham Luang cave, four boys dressed in their white school uniforms shoot hoops on an outdoor basketball court in Mae Sai.

They were taken to Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital where their four teammates rescued on Sunday had been tested and waiting for an all-clear.

They expected the process to take two or three days with two divers escorting each boy.

Rescuers at a Thai cave where eight boys and their soccer coach remain trapped have awoken to cloudy skies, after a night in which heavy monsoon rains lashed the mountainous region for several hours.

Government will meet court deadlines
The department has manually reviewed the cases of all 11,800 children in its custody by working nights and weekends, White said. A federal judge in California has ordered the youngest children reunited by Tuesday and the rest before the end of this month.

Officials said it had not changed the water level in the cave but forecasters have warned rain could continue to hit the area throughout the week. Thailand's Meteorological Department said there was a 60 percent chance of rain Monday with thunderstorms forecast throughout the week, the Associated Press reported. Last week, Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk offered his support by promising to have a "kid-size submarine" built - and he came through with the help of engineers in his employ.

When a pair of expert cave divers from the United Kingdom discovered the 12 players and their coach huddled together on a dry slab of rock, there was joy and elation, but also unease as it became clear just how hard it would be to bring them all out. "At 10 am today (8:30 am IST) 13 foreign divers went in to extract the children along with five Thai navy SEALs".

Karadzic, the Danish diver, said preparations had been made with air tanks and spaces identified for those being rescued to go if needed.

Rescuers are racing to beat the next rain, which could make their efforts more hard and risky.

Rescuer dies working to free trapped boys in Thai cave
The boys and their coach had been stranded in Tham Luang Nang Non when they went exploring in the cave after a scrimmage June 23. Monsoon flooding cut off their escape and prevented rescuers from finding them for nearly 10 days, CBS News reported.

Latest News