Sylvester Stallone is now under investigation for a decades-old sexual assault accusation made against him past year, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office announced on Wednesday.
The alleged victim reported the assault last November to Santa Monica Police, and the incident dates to the 1990s, according to police.
A legal representative for Stallone denied the allegations for a second time on Wednesday.
This is a developing story...
Theresa May to fight another day after UK government wins Brexit skirmish
But a government official said they had just agreed to open talks on the basis of the rebel amendment. She insisted: "We must think about the message Parliament will send to the European Union this week".
Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, denied the allegation against his client as a "complete fabrication" in a statement to the Los Angeles Times.
They gave no details about the case, which was forwarded by Santa Monica police, and would not comment on whether it would be disqualified for filing because the statute of limitations has since passed. But he has yet to be charged with a crime there.
In an interview with the New York Post, Singer said a decision to review the case, announced Wednesday, was part of an effort to "get it out there" that they are investigating claims of Hollywood wrongdoing.
Merkel open to European Union migration reform, cautious on eurozone
At the summit, Trump refused to endorse a group deal, saying other members use unfair trade practices against the United States. She added that Berlin would continue its dialogue with the United States despite difficulties.
Actor Sylvester Stallone arrives at the 88th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills, California, February 8, 2016.
The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond. The girl stated that Stallone would "beat her head in" if she told anyone about the incident. He also co-wrote and will reprise his role as Rocky Balboa in "Creed 2".
"This is a ridiculous, categorically false story", said Michelle Bega, spokeswoman for Stallone, said after the stories were published.
Sylvester Stallone on a recent visit to the White House.
The most freakish moments from Kim-Trump summit
Trump last month pulled the United States out of a 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, calling it deeply flawed and reimposing unilateral sanctions.